Bertrand Arthur William Russell (b.1872 – d.1970) was a British philosopher, logician, essayist and social critic best known for his work in mathematical logic and analytic philosophy. His most influential contributions include his defense of logicism (the view that mathematics is in some important sense reducible to logic), his refining of the predicate calculus introduced by Gottlob Frege (which still forms the basis of most contemporary logic), his defense of neutral monism (the view that the world consists of just one type of substance that is neither exclusively mental nor exclusively physical), and his theories of definite descriptions and logical atomism. Along with G.E. Moore, Russell is generally recognized as one of the founders of modern analytic philosophy. Along with Kurt Gödel, he is regularly credited with being one of the most important logicians of the twentieth century. ref.: LINK
Archived Posts $type=list-tab$com=0$c=4$src=blog-archive
- ► 2020 (44)
- ► 2019 (125)
- ► 2018 (117)
- ► 2017 (144)
- ► 2016 (154)
- ► 2015 (282)
- ► 2014 (266)
- ► 2013 (316)
- ► 2012 (417)
- ► 2011 (501)
- A Fool's Morality
- Youth pastor accused of rape
- Youth Pastor Accused Of Sexual Deviance
- Father loses custody for leaving Christianity
- Hell - Revisited
- Prayer for an Atheist
- Pursuing a Practical Standard of Proof
- Obama’s Commitment to Christianity Trumps Commitme...
- Socked in the Gut by Reality
- On Morals
- Thanksgiving Confessions of an Ornery Atheist
- Euthanasia, End of Life Issues
- Think on these things...
- Hey, Macarena!
- On Becoming a Passionate Atheist
- God’s Emotions 6: Pleasing a High Status Deity (Su...
- Day One
- Unshackling the mental chains
- Ruined by Marriage
- One who resists
- Well, I'll be damned ...
- Letter to a friend
- Bertrand Russell on God (1959)
- I Was an Apologist for the RCC
- Science Saved My Soul
- Screwed Up, Beyond Belief! Part V
- Pastor jailed for murder
- Alien Visitation
- Are You Sure You're Persecuted?
- Atheists Don't Have No Songs
- My Neighbor
- Moving from non-Christian to anti-Christian
- I think I feel anger more than anything
- The Dangerous World of Biblical Counseling: Part 2
- Two Plus Two Equals Four
- From Christian Author to Dedicated Atheist
- Getting God’s Self-Appointed Messengers Out of You...
- My 2nd Deconversion
- Have we evolved enough yet?
- Getting angry with voices from the past
- God's Emotions 5: A God with a Temper
- Now What?
- Pastor gets 18 years for rape, molestation
- Faith Requires Faith
- ▼ November (46)