- I admit that I am powerless to change the fact that I have been Christian for a good part of my life.
- I realize that I have within me the power to free myself from the harmful part of my Christian past and that I am no longer bound by promises or covenants which I was induced to make based on the false promises of Christianity.
- I make to myself a firm promise to listen in the future only to reason, rationality, and factual evidence in making decisions about how I should live my life, rejecting all emotional appeals, guilt-inducing threats, myths, pretty stories, promises of castles in the air, and superstition.
- I make a searching and fearless moral and intellectual inventory of myself with the purpose of recognizing in myself those weaknesses which induced me to remain Christian for so long.
- I am able to list the specific reasons why I can no longer be Christian.
- I make the decision to do what is right, and to accept whatever the consequences may be for acknowledging the lies and living accordingly.
- I begin working through each of my Christianity-related problems of mind, body, and relationships.
- I make a list of those for whom it would be important to know of my decision and the changes I am making in my life, and prepare myself emotionally to discuss my decision with them all, realizing that many may react with hurt, anger, emotional outbursts, or other unpleasantness.
- I discuss my decision with them (except in those cases where I think it would cause greater harm to do so than not) in a calm, friendly and loving way, without argument.
- I continue to take personal inventory, and where I find artifacts of Christianity, I carefully consider whether they should continue to be a part of my life, or whether I should discard them.
- I seek out truth wherever I can find it.
- Having had an awakening and renewal as the result of these steps, I try to be helpful to other recovering or doubting Christians, and to practice these principles in all of my affairs.
Archived Posts $type=list-tab$com=0$c=4$src=blog-archive
- ► 2020 (41)
- ► 2019 (125)
- ► 2018 (117)
- ► 2017 (144)
- ► 2016 (154)
- ► 2015 (282)
- ► 2014 (266)
- ► 2013 (316)
- There is no beginning and no end
- 8 Ways the Religious Right Wins Converts – To Atheism
- Church and Hypnotic Manipulation
- Desperate for God
- Dear Aggravated Believers
- Immoral Without God
- Beforelife or Afterlife?
- Fear and Loathing
- 12 Step Recovery from Christianity
- My Journey towards the truth without the bonds of ...
- The Hindu Roots of Worship Music
- Critical thinking
- Christian Universalism Hitchslapped
- The Prey
- Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing...
- Secular reasoning and christian apologetic suicide
- How Religion Poisoned My Life
- Growing in strength as an ex believer
- Letters From Camp
- Pull The Darn Tooth
- Intellectual intolerance
- Why I'm not Christian anymore
- Taking Action
- Looking for Atheist/Free Thinkers/Agnostic/Humanis...
- Escaping the Word of Faith
- 19 Years of Questions Unanswered
- Who is Arrogant?
- Frans de Waal: Moral behavior in animals
- How Br'er Devil Outfoxed God
- Fairing above the Fairytale
- God is an Impediment
- A "Dear God" letter
- When Was the Cut-Off for Death as the Punishment f...
- Should Atheists Slam Religion or Show Respect?
- Late For Church
- 2 Timothy 3:16 is not referring to "The Holy Bible"
- Fallacy of being "Balanced"
- All about the money
- Christian Rehab
- Losing faith, gaining facts, my story of learning ...
- In search of the Mastermind of the Cruel World Fur...
- ▼ May (42)
- ► 2011 (501)